Author's notes and some gratuitous screenshots

Oh, boy. This may have been a short chapter, but I had to resort to a lot of cheating. *embarrassed face*
 

First of all, I never did get the "Today is Avi's birthday" message when the day started. So I bought her a cake and aged her up with it at her birthday party. I guess that isn't REALLY cheating.

Then I aged up Demarco too, using the same cake, because I'm going to try to make her end up with him, and I couldn't stand the thought of them aging up differently. When I switched households I discovered that he was only 1 day behind her anyway, so it was sort of a wasted effort, but I'm satisfied.

Then when they aged up, I had to spend a long time in CAS, because this game always seems to give them the most butt-ugly clothes when they age up. She had such cute clothes, too.

I had to fix Demarco, too. Poor kid, the game gave him corn rows. I was looking straight at him when he aged, and I didn't even recognize him. I was like "where the hell did he go? I was just looking at him!" I guess it was genetics kicking in, because his daddy has them. They look good on his dad, but not on him. When I switched to his household I caught a glimpse of his twin brother, who was still a little cutie, and it was kind of heartbreaking. I couldn't get him to the mirror fast enough.

Damn, I didn't think to age up the twin brother. I guess I'd better do that before I play the next sim day.

Finally, the game gave her a slightly different lifetime wish than I had planned for her. I thought it was supposed to let you choose your own. It gave Demarco an okay LTW, but then it gave him a job that has nothing to do with his LTW. 




Oh, yeah! And I cheated on her traits, too. How could I forget? I made her a genius at creation, because I was afraid I'd never get her through school otherwise, but I didn't realize EVERY SINGLE one of her paintings would come out as that same damned mosaic.  After the seventh one in a row. I had to make her not be a genius anymore; I don't remember what trait I substituted. Something that I think will not affect her painting. I might actually play with this further; make her go through "periods" like Picasso's blue period. :D

I don't know whether to leave their LTWs and jobs alone and chalk it up to playing the game, or change them. What do my readers think? Leave me comments and let me know. Should I change Avi's LTW? Should I get Demarco a job that reflects his LTW? Should I change his traits to help him with his LTW?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And now for the gratuitous screenshots.
I took a ton of shots and deleted all but the ones I liked the best, and even so, I couldn't bear not to post all of my favorites. I finally got a halfway decent graphics card for my ancient laptop. It's still barely enough, and I still won't ever be able to play with all sliders maxed out, and shadows, and all the nifty pixel-shadery stuff. But still I'm blown away by the difference. I can't stop zooming on the dumbest things, and taking screenshots.

I finally got to see what my creation really looks like. She's prettier than I thought.


You can even get a little artsy with some water and steam and nice shading.


I didn't expect that burglar, but trust to Avi to give me fodder for a story. Bless her. Ever wonder what really goes on under that cloud of dust during a fight? Ew.


Here he gets her in a seriously cool headlock.


And I just liked this sequence.



 That's all for now. More tomorrow, I hope.

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to comment on both here. The pics are great. I'm playing with the chip that came with the computer so I can't play with everything on high either. Congratulations on the new card. My computer is also Vista, and I can't smooth edges, because it's supposed to cause problems with anti aliasing, whatever that is.

    Poor Avi has had it rough, growing up alone but she's done well. When you write these I alternate between sadness and joy for her.

    I was letting them take whatever job the game gave them but then started putting them in the job they wanted.

    The cop putting the handcuffs on her looks so real.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still like making sure that their LTW is something they can achieve if possible. So I'd match jobs with the LTW. But one Sim had an LTW of Super Spy. She really must not have liked the career though, she just never was getting promoted.

    So I used the lifetime reward item that let's them switch LTW and had her change to athletics. She's doing really well at that career on her own.

    As for aging up the twin brother, if they are going to be living in separate households, it may not be worth the effort. The household you aren't playing gets random aging applied to it. My free will Landgraabs, Angel should be the youngest by several Sim days. She is currently about 3 days older than her brother Andrew. I'll use a cake to make him older again but it's obvious that age doesn't happen equally across the hood.

    ReplyDelete